The Pluses of Pilates
Mathematics and exercise, what a great combination! The title of this book has two meanings. Children can learn effective ways to group and add numbers through this book. Also, the book extols the benefits of exercise throughout one's life. This wonderful book is fun for children and adults!
Pluses of Pilates encourages students to combine numbers in groups of 5’s and 10’s for easier adding. Children need experiences to see how to count things quicker than just counting by one’s and can work on number facts through reasoning while doing this.
My view on the teaching and learning of mathematics is based on the points below and should be encouraged and instilled in children at a young age.
· Everyone can do math!
· Emphasize reasoning over memorization
· Encourage multiple strategies and ways of thinking
· Math is not about how quick problems can be done but shortcuts with understanding are great!
· Encourage discussion and exploration
· Math should foster curiosity
· Math should be relevant and realistic
Exercise is important for your whole life. Keep in mind the basics below for continuing to exercise and be healthy.
· Find an exercise routine that you enjoy
· Incorporate variety in your routine
· Eat healthy and drink plenty of water in addition to exercise
· Do not go 3 days without exercising
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Christian, author, and professor of mathematics education.